Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mr Fry, Electroboy and Me

fry-iphone 51TTGRB93KL-1._SL500_AA240_n679950705_653087_4487
Before my career in Talent Management would lead me to exalted heights, there was a time where my days were filled with the uneasy state of unemployment. For anyone, this time can be confusing and stressful. For a depressive it can be absolutely devastating. It was during this frantic job hunt that I had a chance to meet Andy Behrman, who my friend Ben Weiss had identified as "Someone who you would definitely get along with" and who needed an assistant at the time. Hilariously enough, he was right. Andy and I met for breakfast at Nate and Al's one morning and hit it off like gangbusters. Kindred spirits of sorts, and assuredly not someone I should work with. To quote Jack Nicholson in AS GOOD AS IT GETS, "Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here."

The clip below features Mr. Fry and Andy discussing Andy's treatment and his subsequent moment of "It's going to be ok.", something that those living with mental health issues feel may never come until they are adequately diagnosed and treated.

No comments:

Bottom of Page