Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My Endorsement

john_edwards_oac

My man-crush on Barack Obama notwithstanding, I've decided to throw my support behind the presidential candidacy of John Edwards. In fact, today I pulled out the Credit Card, and syphoned 100 dollars into his campaign for the presidency. Here's my list of "Why":

1. I do not believe that a sitting US Senator can be forceful and speak their convictions. It is not their job to provide decisive leadership, it is their job to mull and debate. Neither Barack or Hillary will be able to address issues with the force and moral authority that John Edwards will. I love them both in their very special ways, but i simply feel that the time for cautious chit-chat is over.

2. My heroes, MLK and Bobby Kennedy would not recognise the "Progressives " of today. Though Barack, speaks a very similar rhetoric to that of my dear convictions, only John Edwards has taken the time to adress poverty and inequality in full. Nothing can be said about the rest of the Democrats who seem to ignore those problems completely.

3. Electability. Let's face it, we can't have another Dukakis or Kerry. Both decent, honest and good men, who simply could not connect to the people in this country that we owe our devotion to. The disenfranchised, and the poor. His charm, good looks, and warming drawl make him the sort of candidate that I would be proud to call my nominee, and even more proud to call Mr. President.

4. EDWARDS/OBAMA 08'!!!!
EDWARDS ILLINOIS
Please take a moment to click on the Banner below and join the Campaign to Change America

Go USA!
Go Edwards!
Go Broncos!
Go Bears!

JohnEdwards.com

No comments:

Bottom of Page