Tuesday, January 09, 2007

2 Dictators Turn The Cameras on Themselves

idi_amin_01smlfidel


The rumor mill has it that Forrest Whitaker will be receiving an Oscar nod for his portrayal of Idi Amin in "The Last King of Scotland" . To that end I decided to do a little research and came across this documentary starring :"The wild Man Of Africa" himself. Fascinated that such a dismal picture was painted of Idid when he had editorial control over the film, made me even more interested in Oliver Stone's documentary about Fidel Castro. God bless Google Video I found them BOTH.

IDI AMIN:

Its easy to see how delusional he is, and somewhat pathetic in the self-importance he exhibited.Of particular interest to me was watching him pretend he had power over the animals during a river safari. Creepy.




FIDEL CASTRO:

Its intense watching how charming these guys really are. Fidel is a personality I've been attracted to, since I was a kid. To watch him in his natural state, really cements the inherent magnestism in the man.

No comments:

Bottom of Page