Thursday, April 20, 2006

Alfredo LaMont Jr.

Excelsior

Not many of you know this, but my grandad (Alfredo LaMont Jr.) is a very accomplished columnist. He is known for his style, etiquette, and wit.

His column, "Sin Maquillaje" or "Unmasked" has been a staple of Mexico's #1 newspaper (Excelsior)for over 50 years. The column is a Q & A style comun with single sentence question and a single sentence answer.

Here are some examples that I consider classic of my Grandpa.

1. Q: In a common and vulgar conversations, what word is used most often?
A: I daresay the word "Me" is most often heard.

2. Q: What Liquor do you consider indespensable at parties?
A: A High Ball (Whisky and Gingerale) was my immediate answer, but why would you limit yourself to one? Many liquors for many people and fruit juices for the cowards.

3. Q: Is it possible for an astronaut to give birth in space?
A: NASA seems to think so, though they've been unwilling to try.

4. Q: How many divisions are there in the world?
A: 193 Sovereign Nations, 61 Independent Territories,and 6 in dispute.

5. Q: What part of a woman's anatomy is most likely to reveal something about her character?
A: Her mouth,indubitably.

That's my Grandpa!
Any of you who have ever wondered where i get my oft snooty tone can kindly click on the excelsior icon above, and read more of my grandpa's stuff. In spanish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alf:

Sounds just like some things you said at AAHS.

CarlosPC said...

Please, tell your grandpa that he is most admired by many in Mexico for his wits.

Bottom of Page