Monday, September 11, 2006

Most foul, and unnatural

ghost

It happened AGAIN! You'd think that at my ripe old age, i'd have figured out things NOT to say to ladies. Especially ladies i care for. Especially if i plan to speak to them again. But there for the grace of god go I, running my mouth.

Would this be my blog if i didn't elaborate? Who am I speaking to anyway?

So recently, I became empowered by a viewing of PENN AND TELLER'S BULLSHIT and a good perusal of some James Randi, and Carl Sagan literature. As a child who was obsessed with Nessie, Ghosts, Yeti (Somehow I always knew Sasquatch was bullshit), and a slew of supernatural powers not the least of which was pyrokinesis, I grew increasingly frustrated at the inability of the supernatural to show itself. I don't mean " I think I saw something!". I mean, "Holy shit! look at that! There it is!". To that end I Eventually stumbled unto Carl Sagan, James Randi, Johnny Carson (Yeah, THAT Johnny Carson), and a slew of other skeptics that were so enamored with the occult, that they could not bear to see it beleived. In the great tradtion of Harry Houdini, Penn and Teller, the Great Randi, Carnac the Magnificent, and Alf the inept at card tricks, I would love nothing more than proof. Solid proof, put to the scientific method, and verified, that ESP, the afterlife, UFOs the Loch Ness Monster, and compassionate conservatism, all exist. But in truth, in my heart of hearts, I know none of these do. So it has been for the last fifteen or so years of my life. Considering I'm a sprightly thrity, this is not a small number. I have accepted for the majority of my adult life, that magic and the occult are nothing but my own desire to be more special than I am.

Now, I may poo-poo ESP or Astrology to anyone I wish, and even someone who wears flowing garb and much pewter, will brush it aside and say "Not everyone beleives". Not so i have found with spectres.

What the fuck?

It has been my experience that many people will find atheism perfectly reasonable.
"God is dead? Sure! Why not?"
Now, tell someone you don't believe in ghosts, and you may as well have spit on them, their family, all close friends, and family pets.

That's it.
That's all i got.

No comments:

Bottom of Page